Karen Varcoe, Gresham OR kvarcoe@aol.com 503 267 6080

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Convention day 3

Here's Sticky Boy!   He was the prototype when our clear stamps came out (Jeanette's husband David designed him).   He's dressed for convention in a sombrero.   Sticky Boy is hidden around the convention rooms and halls for consultants to find, but I've never found him.   At the Operation Smile auction Saturday night 6 sheets of Sticky Boy stamps like this one were auctioned off to consultants at $1000 each!  Beautiful artwork by consultants was auctioned off too.   $20,000 was raised, enough for 83 surgeries!  

Here's a cute picture taken near the home where we went for a fellowship meeting Sunday morning.  Anyone know what type of bird this is?    Apparently there are alligators in that pond behind him, but I didn't get to see one.   Gee, when kids come to our Sunday morning meeting, they just get to see Jackson our collie!

Saturday afternoon we were treated to a special story of two creative geniuses and how their dreams ran a parallel course.   That's Jeanette on the left, and of course Walt on the right.   It was wonderful.

One more sneak peek:   These are the Frosty papers.   Check out the penguin!   He's from a hostess only stamp set - I'm in love with both that stamp set and the polar bear stamp set.

My first order of new product is arriving at my house today (and I'm not there!!!!!!)   No, you may NOT stop by my house and dig through the box, so get that thought right out of your head!   We went to Animal Kingdom yesterday and got completely soaked in rainstorms.   I think I've gotten less wet taking showers...    Just when we started drying off a bit, we went on the raft ride, and as always, I'm the one that got completely soaked.   It's fate apparently!   Well, it was refreshing anyway.  Today we're going to Epcot and then home tomorrow.

No comments: