Karen Varcoe, Gresham OR kvarcoe@aol.com 503 267 6080

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stars Shine Bright Day 3!

Wow!   WHAT a day!!   We started out with a huge FOUR hours of Extravaganza, traveling to eight different booths to be shown what some amazing consultants (including my upline Ginni!) did with the eight paper packs, and snapping photos madly of their creations.   If I could show you just one little bit of what I saw today, we'll have an awesome six months of creating together!

Here's one picture that shows our new 12" chipboard star (oh yeah!) covered with paper from our Scholastic line.   Gorgeous, huh?








And since I'm showing off home decor items, here's our new Display Tray, art by Ginni Candelaria, using the Flirty paper pack!  Is that cute, or what?    (If you're reading this post and are following my blog, mention the Display Tray to me for a prize.)

After lunch we had our closing General Session where we learned that Album Retreats will be coming back for consultants.   I can't wait to hear more about this, because not too long after I became a consultant, CTMH stopped having these annual retreats (in Salt Lake), and I was so disappointed, but now they're back!   More honors and awards were given including three consultants who won a workshop for themselves and 20 friends put on by CTMH Corporate staff - talk about fun!   There was a question and answer period with Jeanette - what a wonderful lady!  We learned that many thousands of dollars were raised for Operation Smile this convention, by donations and auctions - lots of smiles will be fixed thanks to consultants' generosity!

As a grand finale, we got the news that convention next year will be held in Orlando at the Disney property there!    I'm hoping to add some of you to my team so you can go with me next year and find out just how much fun all of this is!  If you sign up to be a consultant in August you get the same very cool bag that we got for convention ($50 value) plus you can get the Essentials consultant kit for $49 or the Master kit for $99 - either one is an excellent value.

Then we had one final creative session, making two layouts and six cards.   During this session two of my CTMH heros Lisa Stenz (Remember the mini note card set made in the box? - that was Lisa's design she so generously shared.) and Tresa Black (Oh, my I love her art!  I even got her autograph last year at convention!).
This is a picture taken from the large screen in the ballroom, so it's not a good shot, but maybe you can see the bow made from burlap!  I'm telling you, Tresa makes everything look fantastic!  There was a live auction tonight benefiting Operation Smile even more and at least $6,500 more was raised!   Oh, and hey, I won another prize today - yee haw!  I won the Pear and Partridge Card Workshop on the Go Kit!




Tomorrow a very kind couple down here who have a fellowhip meeting in their home will be picking us up and taking us to their home for a Sunday morning fellowship meeting.   They live in Arlington and are driving over here to get us - it will be so special for Megan and I, the true highlight to our time here, I already know.  

No comments: