Karen Varcoe, Gresham OR kvarcoe@aol.com 503 267 6080

Thursday, August 1, 2013

New Product Blog Hop: Huntington

Many thanks to Tresa Black for hosting this CTMH New Product Blog Hop!  Enjoy the amazing art you will see as you hop around consultants' blogs!

 For my entry I made two cards with CTMH's NEW Huntington Paper Pack.   Isn't this paper gorgeous?   This first card is made using the September Stamp of the Month, Poster Tidings.   I chose to stamp half of the image on one square of card stock, and half on the other for a different look.

Then I highlighted the word "gratitude" by stamping it on the Huntington Cashmere print, cutting it out and 3-D taping it on top of the original word.   I added our new Bronze Shimmer Trim (LOVE it!!!) and some self-adhesive bronze bling from our NEW Rosewood Mini Medley (beautiful mini medley!). Everything is inked in Cashmere.  Stamp pads used are Autumn Terracotta, Olive, Barn Red and Cashmere.

Here's another card made with Huntington and the Rosewood Mini Medley again.   This time there is no stamping, but I used a sentiment from the Huntington Stickease.  I distressed paper edges with our edge distresser, and popped up the stickease and it's Cocoa mat.  A simple, ten minute card!

A closer shot showing the details:

Thanks for looking at my cards -- enjoy the rest of the hop!



This blog hop is open for members of the CTMH Blog Boosters. Please do not enter if you are not a member of the group.





Karen

19 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

I really like the detail on your first card, and what I love about your second card is how simple it is, it is a great start for someone just starting out with card making.

Karen Varcoe said...

Thanks Michelle! That is actually the first card for my September Workshop. I'll be using Huntington papers, the stickease and Rosewood Mini Medley!

Pam said...

Your cards are just beautiful!! I am loving Huntington, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Your cards have me more anxious to do just that very soon!

Jenna Chere Wallace said...

I really like the elegance of your second card. And great use of the stamp set on your first card.

Adeline E. Brill said...

I love your first card - you may see this again with my take on the design idea!

designsbysaenz said...

Nice cards!

Laurie in Louisiana said...

I love this paper pack. Beautiful cards.

Tresa Black said...

Beautiful! Very elegant cards!

Nancy Ball said...

Great cards. It is nice to see more Huntington.

Sheila Bennett said...

Your Huntington card is very pretty. The stickease works great as the focal point in place of a stamped image.

Wendy K. said...

Nice cards!

Dawn said...

Lovely work, Karen! Great idea on your first card to use that September SOTM! Looks fabulous!

Lori Miller said...

Great cards! The Huntington paper is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love the sentiments on the first card.

Anonymous said...

Great cards!

Corrine said...

I love the cards, very pretty!

Wendy Coffman said...

Great cards - love how you highlighted that sentiment on the first one!

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Unknown said...

great cards & use of Huntington!